Saturday, October 16, 2010

Persistence pays off

Persistence pays off:
Yep, if you try for long enough, lady luck will find you and sure enough, I got my very first ever training flight, and a second flight in the last 8 weeks, right before christmas. How was it? It was excellent, totally bloody excellent. One of the club guys gave up an evening to help and show me how to setup and prepare my plane (Thanks Dave) and the guys at the field really helped me loads in showing me safely, what not to do, and safe ways for the "to-do's" and getting it all started and fuelled up for flight.. Its somewhat nerve wracking getting your plane started for the first time ever, but with my plane fuelled up and running, it was time to fly, finally, after what was feeling like "forever" I was getting some air-time..

My instructor took off, flew about for a bit, trimmed the plane and told me what he wanted me to do, then said those magic words I havent heard since I was a teenager "You have control"!

Well, after around 10 minutes of flying around in circuits, and even a few loops, he landed the plane and that was that, back to the pitts to clean-up the mess
Freezing fingers, wet ground, and a plane covered in castor oil... Niceeee:(

I didnt give a damn, I had my first flight, and nothing was going to put a frown on my face that day.. Thanks Jim & Steve (If you ever see this)
It really is a great feeling to get airbourne for the first time and do something "Outside of your comfort zone"

No comments:

Post a Comment