Saturday, October 16, 2010

forums

salman

NOW ONLINE
Administrator

Posts: 624
Karma: 4

I too bought Thunder Tiger X50 and am putting on the following

OS55 hyper with Hatori tune pipe
Futaba BLS451 on cyclic, Hitec 645 on throttle
Futaba 520 Gyro + JR8900 tail servo
Switch Glow Pro
Duralite 2cell lithium in and 6v out regulator
Align T-fuel filter


I am really enjoying assembling this kit, reminds me of playing with mechano in my childhood.
To be honest, I was scared to assemble it myself but it turned out to be very straight forward assembly. All you have to do is just follow the manual step by step and open the bags that manual asks you to open. I can tell had I opened all the bags in one go I would have messed up the whole build.

As for quality, I can't say much as this is my first nitro build, but over all the quality is quite good as all parts and holes align and snug fit without any issue.

Will share the pictures soon!
Love for all hatred for none
Last Edit: 1 day, 6 hours ago by salman.
REPLY QUOTE
Re: My first nitro heli - Thunder Tiger X50 1 day, 6 hours ago #6709
NSK

OFFLINE
MAC Representative

Posts: 513
Karma: 6

Wah gi Wah!
Don\\\'t build what you don\\\'t dare to fly to the extreme!
REPLY QUOTE
Re: My first nitro heli - Thunder Tiger X50 1 day, 6 hours ago #6713
Asad

NOW ONLINE
Platinum Boarder

Posts: 619
Karma: 5

Hehe... So you have been bitten by the nitro heli bug?
I don\'t drive fast. I fly low.

You are still a novice if you haven\'t crashed and burned.
REPLY QUOTE
Re: My first nitro heli - Thunder Tiger X50 1 day, 6 hours ago #6716
NSK

OFFLINE
MAC Representative

Posts: 513
Karma: 6

I love nitro and electric both! I just adore Rappys
Don\\\'t build what you don\\\'t dare to fly to the extreme!
REPLY QUOTE
Re: My first nitro heli - Thunder Tiger X50 1 day, 6 hours ago #6717
salam

OFFLINE
Platinum Boarder

Posts: 501
Karma: 6

Salman, that's very impressive.

I have also decided to build another heli and that is going to be a Trex 550E 3G Flybarless.
Every prop makes a different tune.
REPLY QUOTE
Re: My first nitro heli - Thunder Tiger X50 1 day, 1 hour ago #6754
salman

NOW ONLINE
Administrator

Posts: 624
Karma: 4

Being new to heli assembly I was not confident of my assembly so I took the heli to one of the local hobby shops to get it checked by them. I know the owner of the shop and know that he is a pro. Good news was he confirmed everything was fine. except for a tail servo link guides which he glued for me.

Now I am ready to take the heli for the first flight tomorrow, but I have to get the engine break-in first. I have never done break-in of a heli engine before and that also OS55 which has not two but three needles!

Anyone has experience of OS55 break-in ? which needles should I adjust to how much? Should I keep the heli on the ground for the whole break-in (Just like what vibe50 did?) or should I keep it in hover! I have a switch glow pro installed on this heli, can I keep it turned on for the whole break in?

Any other thing I need to be careful about?
Love for all hatred for none
REPLY QUOTE
Re: My first nitro heli - Thunder Tiger X50 1 day ago #6759
doc

OFFLINE
Expert Boarder

Posts: 134
Karma: 2

best of luck....and many happy landings. can't help you with heli engine break-in

doc
Gravity sucks . . .
REPLY QUOTE
Re: My first nitro heli - Thunder Tiger X50 22 hours, 3 minutes ago #6766
salman

NOW ONLINE
Administrator

Posts: 624
Karma: 4

here are a few pictures of the setup!

This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.


This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.


This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.
Love for all hatred for none
REPLY QUOTE
Re: My first nitro heli - Thunder Tiger X50 16 hours, 53 minutes ago #6777
shoby80

OFFLINE
Fresh Boarder

Posts: 12
Karma: 0

Excellent.... well dear... what is cost of this thing... i want to buy one !
- Looking for some Trainer
REPLY QUOTE
Re: My first nitro heli - Thunder Tiger X50 16 hours, 17 minutes ago #6779
Vibe50

OFFLINE
Gold Boarder

Posts: 166
Karma: 2
Hey, Congrats for your new Nitro Raptor X50. So you’re on the same fleet I am on, that’s something interesting. I like your heli, plus a good electronic setup.

Anyhow, I’ve written a small review on my YS 56 SR break-in process, that thread might answer your questions but still it’s as follow “Cross check with your OS 55 Hyper manual”:

Setting of the three needles Carb:
Low end varies ( .5 t ~ 1.5 Turns)
Hover needle (2T ~ 2.5 Turns)
High end ( 1 ~ 1.5 Turns)

As your engine hasn’t seen glow fuel yet, I’ll recommend running at least 4 tanks of fuel in hover position before entering into a forward flight. In setting up the needle valves, you just don’t need to fiddle around with the low / high end needle, except your “hover” needle but make sure that they a pre-factory set.

Looking at your carburetor, it appears to me that your low end is pre-set and your high/hover need to be adjusted. Therefore adjust them as per your manual or stated above, later in your hover position fiddle around you’re your engines hover needle valve as in leaning 2 - 3 clicks from 2 turns open, depending upon the engine sound. Run it rich not lean.
Once your done with your 4 tanks of break-in process, now you’ll be ready to set up your high end needle. Do a forward flight and check out the engine smoke / sound? Depending upon the engines performance, lean out the high end needle with few clicks, if you’re getting sluggish performance. Same case will be applied with the hover needle.
Now their functions:

• The High end needle is designed to give good performance for 3D / Normal flights
• The Hover needle will do the Job on hovering position and you’ll find fuel consistency.
• The low end needle is for idle, and I’m sure the factory set is good enough.

Such a carburetor will definitely give you a very smooth flight.

Hope that was helpful .
Happy hovering / Break-In .
REPLY QUOTE
REPLY TOPIC
NEW TOPIC
Page:1
2
Radio Control/Remote Control (RC) planes, helicopters, cars and boatsHelicopterNitro Helicopters

Moderators: Aneel, hawk300, aliqamar
Powered by Kunena
Time to create page: 1.17 seconds

No comments:

Post a Comment