Saturday, October 16, 2010

2nd R/C Flight School Learn how to fly radio control planes and helicopter in five days. All fuel, planes and equipment furnished. Small or private

Posted by Rich
Well folks, after seeing Ali from Avicraft with his slowfly EPP firefly at our interclub funfly on Sunday (16th May), I dashed over to Avicraft on Monday to go get one for myself. Really impressed with how strong and tough it is, and it flies really slowly too, perfect for a beginner like me, I can crash it as much as I like and not break it (almost maybe).

So, I got it home, shot a quick video of it, and now need to get it painted and put together asap for some amateur proof testing and learning.

I have a feeling this is going to be a ton-o-fun.

Avicraft are making their own kits, laser cut, for £19.99 with plywood laser cut motor mounting and they can supply you with whatever specification you want to fly it, but I went with 3 servo's, the linkages, GWS slowfly propellor, motor and a 10amp Speed controller, for "around" the £80 mark. I'll slap in a 4ch parkfly futaba receiver I have and a 2cell lipo battery!

Several of us @ Croydon Airport Model Flying Club have bought one this week..
Here's the quick vid I made to show you:


Avicraft FireFly 01 - Flying ceiling tile! Before I get to work from 123rc.net on Vimeo.

Now all I need to do is get it painted and assembled, I'll show you once I've done mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment